Couple of weeks ago I accidentally ran into one book in the Bill Bryson library. I was looking for some anthropological books about myth and religion when I spotted a spine with the title saying: Four Theories of Myth in the Twentieth-Century History . I do not usually borrow books at random from a library, but I made an exception for this one, because after I skimmed through it, I decided that it was worth reading. The book was written by an American scholar Ivan Strenski and published in 1987. I have never heard of Mr. Strenski before, however, his book turned out to be a really good one. The book is about four major thinkers on the field of myth in the twentieth century: Neo-Kantian philosopher Ernst Cassirer, historian of religion Mircea Eliade, and two famous anthropologists - Bronislaw Malinowski and Claude Lévi-Strauss. Ivan Strenski gives his readers some basic ideas about all four theories, and he also places them in their historical context. For example, Strenski t...
I have not uploaded a post for couple of months so I decided to write a short post about what currently occupies me. My blog is not dead, not yet! First of all, I work on a paper for the annual conference of AntropoWeb which will be held in Pilsen from 17 to 19 October this year. My paper will be about my experience with studying anthropology at the Durham University. To be honest the word “work” is far from being true - I have not started yet. But I will start... soon. Do not worry if you are unable to take part, the subsequent article will be in English. Secondly, I work on a paper about the famous anthropologist, all-star intellectual who helped a vast public make sense of the human condition (in Robert Darnton’s words), Clifford Geertz. I have been engaged with Geertz’s theory since wrote my first really academic article. In that article I argued that Geertz’s theory of religion contributes little to our understanding of religion and that very similar framework for studyi...
Protože se cosi pokazilo při editaci štítku článku Příliš jednoduchý recept , což mělo za následek vymazání článku, píši článek znovu. Snad se mi v následující přepisu povedlo zachovat původní smysl mého článku. Dne 7. listopadu 2011 se na blogu Petra Macha objevil článek nazvaný Zastávám se ženy, která odmítla zaměstnat Romku, a navrhuji řešení . Machův článek byl reakcí na reportáž v pořadu ČT 168 hodin . Mach při obraně majitelky prádelny vycházel z liberálního názoru, že jedinci spolu vstupují do smluv na základě svých vlastních rozumových uvážení a svých vlastních volních rozhodutí. Domnívám se, že Machovo řešení je příliš zjednodušené a že nevede k uspokojivému řešení. Ukáži proč. Petr Mach si je vědom, že Romové jsou diskriminovaní a nemají na pracovním trhu jednoduchou situaci. Proto jim navrhuje, aby začali podnikat. Jako podnikatelé by nemuseli být vydáni libovůli zaměstnavatelů. A jistě se i mezi Romy najde dost kreativních jedinců, podnikavců a schopných vůdců...
Comments
Post a Comment